Just when we thought that our plate was full in life, God dished us up some dessert!





*****************************************************

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A day in Colorado.

We are having a great time here in Colorado. But, I must say, I feel sort of guilty at times. Yes, this is great family time, no doubt. But, I do think about how the money could be used to help an orphan. None the less, we feel blessed to be in this part of the country, enjoying God's country in the mountains. A new experience for all of us, except Dan.

While I was here today with the two little boys (Dan took the other 6 whitewater rafting) I was addressing envelopes for a concert we will have at our home in mid September. We will have Glen Phillips (from Toad the Wet Sprocket) perform at our home to raise money for Healing Haiti. Last year we had Dan Wilson come to raise money for the Minnesota Down Syndrome Association. We raised $8,000. This year we are needing to raise $27,000! Yikes!

Dan and I separately went to Haiti in March. I went with Feed My Starving Children, and he went with Jeff and Alyn from Healing Haiti. Healing Haiti brings water trucks to the slums of Port au Prince, they help orphans and are building Grace village which will house and school many orphans.

Ironically, while I have been with the two little ones all day and eager to have more bigger people around here, the phone rang and Bobby asked if I would mind if they went to a free Toad the Wet Sprocket concert in Vail, CO on their way home. If they picked me up it would make them over an hour late. Darn! And how could I say "no" to that? I'm throwing a mini pity party here. So, I decided to blog!

Thank you God for the beauty of the mountains. Here was the view as I was addressing the invitations.I don't suspect anyone will join my pity party, huh?

Here are some pictures of more of our trip:

The gondola in Breckenridge on Sunday:

I went horseback riding with the 6 kids yesterday.

Dinner! Our invitation supplies in the background looking messy.


I think I will take the two little guys for a walk.

3 comments:

  1. gee, I was just kidding about the Taj mahal :)

    Families need family time, vacations build memories that last forever. Nothing to feel guilty about doing that.

    You guys have a glorious view! Isn't alone time or even just having a couple of kids for a few hours DREAMY! Doesn't happen very often, so enjoy it while you can :)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful there! DH and I were just talking last night how we'd like to visit Colorado - so I won't join you in your pity party! LOL!! BTW, Glenn Phillips is one of my sister's favorite musicians! She took me to see him a few years back at a small venue in San Francisco. I'm sure your upcoming event will go great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful! I haven't gone back and looked at all of your pictures but I plan to do so when I have more time. I love CO!!! We went there skiing in January which is also when I met Adeye Salem! Lots of great memories from our times in CO! Looks like this time of year would be a great time to visit as well! A lot less colder!

    Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete