Just when we thought that our plate was full in life, God dished us up some dessert!





*****************************************************

Monday, October 18, 2010

Plain old updates

The big brother getting his brother into his first day of school...
 




 Totino-Grace Homecoming Football game....

Did you notice anything about Stas? He got GREEN glasses! It wasn't my first choice. As it turns out Miraflex now makes a medium brown pair. That sounded perfect until we lost Ricky's glasses many times the weeks before ordering and I decided the brighter the better!
 The three kids in the class with glasses...

Fall in Minnesota....beautiful!

 Maggie had fun when she was home sick from school one day.

Our high schooler's Respect Life group went to the Buddy Walk in St. Paul MN....Niiiiiiccccccceee! 


Is it important for me to know WHY Stas does this to the little airplane?

Just a plain old update.......
Oh, and one more thing....please pray for sweet little Taya (4 1/2 years old, 21 pounds) who is on her way home from Ukraine right now. She is probably getting on a plane while I write. Poor love. She is in need of a lot of good medical care and obviously a whole lot of TLC!





3 comments:

  1. Wow..hmmm...It's hard to know if it's the visual stimulation he's getting, or the feel of the air on his face. It could be a combination of the two together. It LOOKS like it's the visual stimuli. Does he also dangle things in front of his eyes? There are a lot of kids with DS who crave visual stimulation. It might be helpful to have a sensory integration assesment done for him, which can be done through Fraser Services http://www.fraser.org/our_services/by_need/sensory_integration.htm They schedule MONTHS out (like 3 months out) it is VERY helpful for a kid who didn't go through years of deprivation like Stas did, so throw in that component, and I imagine the benefit would be multiplied exponentially. That said, we missed the Buddy Walk YET AGAIN this year! We're at a time in our lives with Angela's social calendar is too busy and we have to pick and choose our events! Go figure! Seriously, she's busier than her older brothers were at this age. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures! And I really love the glasses :) Now I can't remember which ones I voted for, but they are just so cute, I would have voted for them, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green ones! Very stylish and you're right...they won't be hard to find!
    I'd love to see more pictures of your other kids. Didn't you used to have a family photo somewhere on your blog? Am I missing it?

    Our trees are just now changing colors--hasn't been cold enough though for those vibrant oranges and reds I'm craving! wah! Should be about 68 degrees on Friday, though. I'm excited. I'm heading up to VA with a friend to visit with Adeye and her 7 kiddos. Should be a lot of fun! You and Jodi should fly out and join us!!!

    ReplyDelete